Sandra Connor (http://sandraconner.wordpress.com/) has very kindly nominated me for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ :)! Thanks so much Sandra, you are very kind :)! I consider myself very much a learner in terms of blogging so to be considered inspiring is very special and humbling!
I believe I am meant to say seven things about myself – hmm, well here goes:
1. I have worked at Bournemouth YMCA for 14 years although I am now gradually reducing my hours towards full retirement, probably next year.
2. The YMCA is my second career – my first was in banking.
3. I am looking forward to more writing, photography and walking as my third career and am working on a book about walking in Dorset.
4. I drive a 40 year old MG BGT.
5. I have two tortoises, mother and son. The son, known as Titch, came about because we looked after a friend’s male tortoise – I had thought that mine was also a male prior to that (he was Toby, she’s now Tobi 😉 )!
6. I collect ‘things’ for my garden, mostly things found on my walks, including numerous rocks, bits of old chain, old bottles etc. I once brought a vine stock back in my suitcase from France, and this week I brought back a large chunk of driftwood which I found on a walk along the coast. The funniest thing I have collected was a large chunk of what I thought was Pink Quartzite but when it gradually shrunk in size, I discovered that it was a sheep salt lick :)!
7. I am a Christian and the more I walk in the countryside, the more I am bemused that anyone can believe that there is no creator.
Thanks again Sandra, and to all of you for reading my blog.
The award does lead me to ask the question, ‘What do you think of my blog?’ I am always conscious that it could easily become a bit ‘same-ish’ and lose its freshness, especially with the number of walks I do. I try to break it up by putting up single pictures or poems now and again just to vary the content but it was intended to be a blog of my walks in Dorset, usually involving around 1,500 words and 15/20 pictures. Are my posts too long, too short, interesting, repetitive etc etc – if you have any thoughts, I would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for stopping by and reading the ramblings of The Dorset Rambler.
Until next time,
The Dorset Rambler.
If you would like to contact me, my details are on my website which is http://www.yarrowphotography.com – comments and feedback are welcomed.
All photographs, poems and words in this blog are the copyright of The Dorset Rambler and must not be reproduced without permission.